The emerging fiscal cliff deal is enough to leave Republicans with a major New Year’s hangover.Just so we all understand:
The package being negotiated by Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and Vice President Joe Biden amounts to a defeat for the GOP on multiple fronts.
- This deal would reduce the deficit by $600 billion over ten years
- The 2012 federal budget deficit was $1.1 trillion
More things to know:
- Our taxes are going up
- New Obamacare taxes are being added
- Businesses will not be hiring
- The government doesn't even have a vague hope of balancing this year's budget deficit
You idiots voted for this.