Thursday, August 23, 2012

Important Books

If I could go back in time, or if I have a son then these are the books that I would want to have him or I know and understand before leaving high school, arranged by subject:

Girls:

Bang by RooshV

Day Bang by RooshV

If I could go back in time and change one thing about my life it would be for me to read and understand these two books earlier than I did.

Could not recommend these books more highly.

Travel:

Naught Nomad

Heart of Asia: True tales of the Far East by Roy Chapman Andrews

Both of these books go with likeable guys as they travel the world and they see places in ways that almost no one else will see them.  Read them and see the world in a new light.

Economics:

Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell

Much of the world makes a lot more sense when you understand the basics of how the world works.  Economics is a lot simpler and more interesting than most people claim that it is.

Bourbon for Breakfast by Jeffery Tucker

Its a Jetsons World by Jeffery Tucker

These two books will be out of date sooner rather than later, but there is no better start to understanding the small joys and irritants in this world.

If you read this blog and learn nothing else, then let it be that you read one of these two books.

Philosophy:

The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

Learn what an ideal man should aspire to.

Strategy:

Taiko by Eiji Yoshikawa

The Art of War by Sun Tzu



If you read and understand these books then you will have a good set of guides to direct you in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment