Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Huffington Post Comments Follow-up Updated

After a while yesterday I got tired of writing comments, but I got a few more replies.

Have a look:

getoffmedz
Ya know you are correct. They are not part of the problem. YOU ARE!

Your elitist attitude reeks of h8! 
***

rothomaha
It would appear that you are a "radical privatizationer", in which case you and I have 180 degree differences in orientation and will likely never agree on anything. I will give you credit for having read Dr. Block's book(which I have not), which signifies that you are committed enough to inform yourself, for which you have my respect. I would submit, however, that your perspective is quite constricted - suggesting that the police are only good for giving speeding tickets tells me that a) you drive too fast, b) don't observe laws, and c) are forgetting what role they might play in rescuing you if you have an accident while speeding. That you have never had a fire is hardly any argument against having a fire department, privatized or no. And to state that all public parks are too filthy for your imaginary kids is not just a little arrogant, don't you think? And, when YOU need a restroom, do you have a butler who totes around a private one, just for you(since you only have imaginary kids)? I. too, have traveled widely and seen a great deal of poverty and wealth and, frankly, the attitudes of the latter toward the former disgust me! I am sorry you were insulted, but nothing you have said here has improved your standing in my eyes, other than the respect I render for your inquiries - I wonder, have you read Karl Marx? I assume nothing about people, nor do I intentionally insult 
Me
Did you or did you not say, "Think before you post!"? How should I view that if not as a claim that I did not? Isn't that insulting?

Did you or did you not just call me a "radical privatizationer"? How is calling me a "radical" anything something other than an insult?

Did you, or did you not, just call me "arrogant"?

Did you, or did you not, just say "I am sorry you were insulted, but nothing you have said here has improved your standing in my eyes,"? How am I to take that if not as an insult?

If you are not insulting me intentionally, then what could the explanation be for why you are doing it? 
rothomaha
Quite simple - you are far too sensitive and seeking an excuse to claim an insult! Differences are not insults, unless the person seeks to interpret them that way. I did not call you "arrogant" - I said that "to state that...is not just a little arrogant...". Making an arrogant statement does not necessarily qualify a person as intrinsically arrogant, but if you wish to interpret it that way, please be my guest! 
Me
Let's summarize:

You insult me: "Think before you post!"

I point out that that is rude.

You insult me some more: "you are a 'radical privatizationer'", "And to state that all public parks are too filthy for your imaginary kids is not just a little arrogant," and "nothing you have said here has improved your standing in my eyes."

And then you claimed that you do not insult people intentionally.

I pointed out that you are still insulting me.

And now you are insulting me some more by calling me "far too sensitive".

How, but as an insult, am I supposed to interpret: "Think before you post!"

Remember, my first comment was to say that the government is incompetent. And your first reply was to list the things that the government does, not does well, and then you ended by insulting me. At no point have you actually tried to counter my first point you have made personal attacks on me rather than make an argument.

I am amused by the fact that you keep insulting me, after my most impolite comment was to point out that you are being rude.

Have a nice day, and please do try and stop insulting people; it is quite impolite. 

So this person insulted me at least four times and yet ends by saying that (s)he doesn't intentionally insult people.  I find that to be rather funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment