Thursday, March 20, 2014

Microsoft Sucks

It has been infuriating how hard it has been to finish my book.  The writing, the research, the editing, and dealing with Amazon have all been easy, but Microsoft has been awful.

I was advised to try linux when I posted on "building" my computer.  I think I'll do that next time I need a computer.  Windows 8 sucks.

So I wrote my book on a free version of office that came with my laptop when I bought it.  That was fine, until it was edited by someone with a full version of Office.

So I tried various things, procrastinated, and tore my hair out while trying to figure out how to work on the stupid thing.  I tried Open Office, which I installed onto the computer I built, but could not install onto my laptop.  Then I found I could open my book in open office but couldn't save it in any useful form.

I've spent three months spending a part of every day thinking that I want my book done, but every time I try to deal with it I want nothing more than to do anything else.

I finally gave up and tried to pay for a full version of office, $100 for a year, but I keep getting pop ups telling me that I need to buy it by march 22.  Did I not already pay?  And this after many efforts to install the stupid thing.

And now I'm writing this post instead of working on my book becasue somehow I lost several hours worth of my editing, to the point where it was on a flash drive since it was edited elsewhere.

(I use internet explorer at work, that sucks too.)

Just being able to open this stupid thing has been the most frustrating thing that I've ever done.

2 comments:

  1. You'd probably change your mind about Microsoft if you saw the brand new Dynamics software that I've got at my company with all its' amazing features. I used to complain about Windows, but Dynamics is a whole different story.
    If in doubt, contact anegis consulting now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So the big question remains how can we cure HIV? Here is the answer Dr Itua Has a cure and he
    saves my life from misery, I will share this round all blogs so all HIV/Aids patent can get cured
    with this Wonderful Man(Dr Itua) Dr Itua cured my HIV and he also Assures me that he can as well cure
    the following diseases HIV/Aids,Breast Cancer,Leukemia Cancer,Lung Cancer,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Skinn Cancer,Kidney Cancer, Infertility, Lottery Spell, Herpes Virus, Love Spell, Colo-Rectal Cancer,Epilepsy, Diabetes,
    Hepatitis, and other health problems, drank his herbal medicine for two weeks and after two weeks
    I went to diagnosis then I find out I was cured and healthy like never before, Here is Dr Itua contact if you are
    a sick person. What's app call.+2348149277967 then Mail. info@drituaherbalcenter.com---- drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and to everyone suffer from HIV/Herpes those stubborn virus Dr Itua will give your life Back.

    ReplyDelete