Thursday, December 6, 2012

Beer Preferences

I said that I was sweet and lovable, and because this is so I have just spent some time with my grandmother.

We went out to eat at a restaurant that contains a bar.  When the waitress asked about our drinks the conversation went as follows (more or less):

Waitress: "What would you like to drink?"

Me: "Sam Adams."

Waitress: "That's the only kind of beer that we don't have." (direct quote)

Me: "Okay, Guinness."

Waitress: "We don't have that."

Me: "Old Style."

Waitress: "That's old. We don't have that."

Me: "..."

Waitress: "Would you like a beer list?"

Me: "..."

Waitress: "The beers we have are: frog piss, cat piss, fish piss, dog piss, bear piss..."

(You can actually get Bear Whiz Beer in International Falls, MN. I haven't tried it.)

Me: "Jameson."



The moral of my story, which is repeated regularly, is that it seems to be easier to have no preferred taste in beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment