Despite being all around awesome, this president is rarely remembered.
You probably don't remember him. He was president in the early 1800s, and isn't known for much. But that is what made him great!
He did not:
- Add entitlements
- Increase our debt
- Add government departments
- Start "wars on poverty" or "drugs"
- Add restrictive workplace rules, like OSHA
- Pass minimum wage laws
- Get us involved in foreign wars
- Create the federal reserve
- Support women's suffrage
- Raise taxes
- Increase spending
- Ban 16oz sodas
- Encourage class envy
- and many more!
Harrison was different. He died thirty-two days into his term...before he could do any of the awful stuff all other presidents seem to do.
Three cheers for William Henry Harrison!
Had he signed a balanced budget into law, he would have been perfect.