Monday, December 24, 2012

My "Fiscal Cliff" Prediction

The news is full of our fiscal cliff situation.

My prediction is that one of two things will happen:
  1. We go over the cliff
  2. An 11th hour deal that does not much of anything (a few billion in deficit reduction and delays the cliff's implementation for a while)
Noticeably absent from my prediction is that possibility that a new balanced budget is created any time soon.

My suggestion to the republicans: Tell the democrats that you will agree to any balanced budget so long as no new taxes are added.  Change the tax rates, cut spending wherever, so long as a balanced budget is the result.

My suggestion to democrats: Propose some sort of balanced budget.



Are we all ready to welcome the new year with higher tax rates, new Obamacare taxes, and employers avoiding hiring or expanding their businesses?

Thanks President Obama!

No comments:

Post a Comment