Friday, February 1, 2013

Huffington Post Comments 2/1/2012

First take note of yesterday's post.

Quotes:

Commenter 1: "The man [Bush] is a dolt."

Commenter 2: "We didn't go after Bush personally..."


***

Me
Why is there such insistence to claim that anything a republican does comes from the "far right"?
lizt
Because the GOP has run out all the moderates and only has a far right base left.  
Me
Ha!

Before John McCain ran for president he was the democrats' favorite republican because of how often he sided with the democrats.

I stopped supporting the republicans when Mitt Romney, who signed socialized healthcare and gun control into law, became the GOP presidential nominee.
***

Me
Why is there such insistence to claim that anything a republican does comes from the "far right"?
Thomas Pain
Because the lunatic fringe on the "far right" has pre-empted what used to be the Republican Party, and if anybody with more sense still thinks they're Republians, they aren't paying attention.
Me
"lunatic fringe"

Oooo, insults! I'll change my mind then!

Btw, using numbers from this website, the NRA is less of a "lunatic fringe" than gays.

4.2 million NRA members > 4 million gays

http://spootville.blogspot.com/2013/01/gays-more-of-ideological-fringe-than-nra.html
***

strothersgirl03
The only sixty books Bush might have read, would have been picture books. The man is a dolt.

The President says he has done some skeet shooting when at Camp David.
Didn't say he did it all the time. Didn't claim to be an expert. Though they act like that's what he said.
After all the B.S. Bush said about WMD, etc. Then, your pathological candidate Romney, you should just shut up and be quiet.
This is the best you can do though with this President. Make a tempest in a teacup over any casual remark.
Republicans are pathetic.
Me
It must be sad having no actual arguments and needing to resort to name calling and insults instead.

Btw, Obamacare supporters: keep your laws off my body.
silverlaker71
Funny to see a conservative opposing laws that concern what choices people have about their bodies...
Me
Funny that you think that I am a conservative.

I'm more of a libertarian.

While we're on the subject of laws about "peoples' bodies"...

Dear Obamacare supporters,

Keep your laws off my body.

Sincerely,

Tim 
 ***

strothersgirl03
The only sixty books Bush might have read, would have been picture books. The man is a dolt.

The President says he has done some skeet shooting when at Camp David.
Didn't say he did it all the time. Didn't claim to be an expert. Though they act like that's what he said.
After all the B.S. Bush said about WMD, etc. Then, your pathological candidate Romney, you should just shut up and be quiet.
This is the best you can do though with this President. Make a tempest in a teacup over any casual remark.
Republicans are pathetic.
Me
It must be sad having no actual arguments and needing to resort to name calling and insults instead.

Btw, Obamacare supporters: keep your laws off my body.
strothersgirl03
Funny coming from a supporter of the party that spends all their time focused on trivial things to insult the President with. Kind of pot and kettle isn't it?
As for Obama care....We'll gladly keep off your body.
Bet we're not the only ones.
;)  
Me
What makes you think that I support the republicans?  I didn't vote because both Romney and Obama signed socialized healthcare into law, and favor gun control.

As for "trivial things to insult the President with", I can find several articles, on this very website about republican plans to balance the budget.

Can you find me one example of a democratic plan to balance the budget, on this website?

Also, its been nearly four years since the Senate has passed any budget; which party has controlled the senate during this time?

"We'll gladly keep off your body.  Bet we're not the only ones."

Another insult?  I have a challenge for you (it may be difficult for you): write a post without insulting anyone.

Good luck.

How can you say, "keep your laws off my body" when it comes to abortion, and not when it comes to other healthcare laws?  Isn't that hypocritical?
strothersgirl03
The healthcare law is the same as having car insurance. It's not making you take a specific insurance, just have some.

People who don't end up being paid for by all the rest of us thru Medicaid. I, for one am tired of covering other peoples bills if I don't have to. It's just trying to make each person able to be responsible in some way for their own.

As to which party you support, when peole start off by saying Libs in a somewhat insulting way, it certainly appears to be a Republican backer.

And everyone should vote. It's not just a right and a privilege, but a responsibility as a citizen.
Don't like either Republican or Democrat, then find another choice.

As to budget, I agree. One should be presented.
To your defense of the Republicans (which, again, certainly sounds like your party, though I don't blame you for denying them, I would too) and them having a budget plan, they had lots of numbers that they either never released, or didn't really add up when they did.
In fact during the whole campaign they refused to give out details of most of their genius (they assured us) plans.

I do apologize for the insults. 
Me
Obamacare is not just about making sure that we have insurance.  If it were, the laws would read "all citizens must have health insurance coverage."  It also includes laws about what type of insurance that we are required to buy and there are many other rules about what must specifically be in the insurance.  For example: You cannot buy a high deductible, low premium insurance policy, becasue the insurance that we get must include coverage for lots of things that we may or may not want.  My health insurance is required to cover pregnancy, despite me being a guy and I am therefore unlikely to ever get pregnant.

Your second paragraph is interesting.  First the government decided that it wanted to pay for the healthcare of the poor with medicare and medicaid.  Many became unhappy with these programs and so the government decided that it wanted to fix the problem by adding yet another government program.

Why should we pay for the healthcare of those that don't have insurance?  Would you still support Obamacare if we had never had medicare and medicaid, and we had actual competition to lower healthcare costs and improve quality all along?  If we could buy healthcare from where ever we want, and could get the plan that we want? Like high deductible plans for the young an healthy?

Why should me voting be of importance to you?  If I don't vote, then yours counts for more.  I no longer want to vote and to contribute to a system where, no matter who I vote for, I will pay more in taxes and be less free.

I don't like the budgets proposed by the republicans because none of them will balance the budget inside of ten years.  But at least they are trying.

I don't see how the budget will ever be balanced, when spending on Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and Unemployment alone exceeds the total revenues of the government.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget/Historicals  (tables 1.1 & 3.1)

A few points in your last reply give me hope that you are willing to see the results and reconsider your thoughts if they are proven to be wrong.  This reply of mine is not a persuasive as I would like it to be.  I encourage you to look at the results of Obamacare over time.  When you see its flaws, consider if you still want to support it.  And don't blame republicans for its problems; not one voted for it.

My compliments on your lack of insults.  Insults are easy to throw around, but if you and I stop using them we will have slightly improved internet discourse.

This post from my blog may be of some interest: http://spootville.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-democrats-plan-for-balancing-budget.html


 ***

There were more replies, but that was enough for today.

6 comments:

  1. Hello to The world with a mouth of happiness..
    I am Michelle Wilson From Chicago USA i want to say thank you to dr atakpotemble@yahoo.com for helping with a spell to conceive a baby... i was almost divorce by my husband Mr Wilson when we where together for 15years no child i cried everyday wiped all night and all to be in vain.. one day i came across a testimony in the internet of one Mrs Vanara Philip from canada on how a mighthy dr call ATAKPO helped her in getting twins childern for her husband i decided to contact the same dr ATAKPO on his email adress atakpotemble@yahoo.com and my life became much better and today i am happy with my family my husband stop the divorce and we are together right now with 3kids
    Thanks to great dr atakpo for helping me in these way and saving my marriage and casting a spell that make me to conceive for my husband if you are in such condition please email dr atakpo on his email address.... atakpotemble@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Sharon Johnson and i want to testify of the good work done by a faithful Dr uko a spell caster. in my life i never thought there is such thing as spiritual intercession. my problem started nine months back when the father of my kids started putting up some strange behavior, i never knew he was having an affair outside our matrimonial home. it dawn on me on that faithful day 19th of April 21st 4:23pm when he came to the house to pick his things that was when i knew that situation has gotten out of hand and he then told me he was quitting the marriage which i have built for over five years, i was confused and dumbfounded i called on family and friends but to no avail. two months after i started having problem with my kids welfare rent-age and all of it, i really went through hell. until a day i was browsing on the internet and i happen to meet a spell caster i never believed on this but i needed my man back so i gave the spell caster my problem at first i never trusted him so i was just doing it but you know a problem shared is half solved after a week my husband called me telling me that he his coming back home and that was all. now we are living happily and i still do contact him on this email:ukospelltemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

  3. i want to thank Dr Usunorbu of drusunorbuspellhome@gmail.com for making me happy in getting my ex lover back after broken up with me last month,i contacted this spell Dr for help and his work was guarantee that i was going to get my ex lover back after 24 hours, although i doubted his word but i decided to give it a try by cooperating with his terms, i did not only get back my ex lover after the spell, but i was also promoted in my place of work, i thank this powerful and trust dr who helped me found joy in my relationship, and me and my ex who is now my lover again is getting married on the 6th of next month, i am so happy that atleast i am with my lover again after all the pains and stress i being through when he first broke with me, i thank Dr Usunorbu (drusunorbuspellhome@gmail.com) i am so so happy i love my lover so much that i was almost end my life when he told me that it was over between both of us, but i thank the spell caster send by God in heaven to help his people, i am grateful Dr Usunorbu i am proud to know these spell Dr i am happy that he help me with my problems, for making my life see joy and happiness again, i am happy for his kindness, i am so happy,so i decided to share my store on the net so that people will see the good which Dr Usunorbu of (drusunorbuspellhome@gmail.com) has done for me in my life, and if you are out there passing through any condition, or having bad time with your lover,or your lover has broke up with you, do not think than to contact these same spell caster on his email address(drusunorbuspellhome@gmail.com) and you will consider your problem solve. Thanks Dr Usunorbu and i pray you will live long forever because you are so kind and powerful, this is my story from Lydia Claire From Texas United State Of America

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi i am Belvin Kushie from US I have just experience the wonders of Dr. Ogudugu love spell, that have been spread on the internet and worldwide, How he marvelously helped people all over the world to restored back their marriage life and get back lost lovers, and also help to win lottery. I contacted him after going through so many testimonies from different people how he help to bring back ex lover back, i told him about my husband that abandoned me about 8 months ago, and left home with all i had.. Dr. Ogudugu only told me to smile and have a rest of mind he will handle all in just 24 hours, After the second day my husband called me, i was just so shocked, i pick the call and couldn't believe my ears, he was really begging me to forgive him and making promises on phone.. He came back home and also got me a new car just for him to proof his love for me. i was so happy and called Dr.Ogudugu and thanked him, he only told me to share the good news all over the world ..Well if your need an effective and real spell caster contact Dr Ogudugu Via email: greatogudugu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi i am miss mary cypher from United States of America.I have just experience the wonders of Dr.uwenbo love spell, that have been spread on the INTERNET and worldwide, How he marvelously helped people all over the world to restored back their marriage life and get back lost lovers, and also help to win lottery. I contacted him after going through so many testimonies from different people how he help to bring back ex lover back, i told him about my husband that abandoned me about 10 years ago, and left home with all i had.. Dr.uwenbo
    only told me to smile and have a rest of mind he will handle it all in just 24 hours, After the second day my husband called me he was begging I was just so shocked, i pick the call and couldn't believe my ears, he was really begging me to forgive him and making promises on phone.. He came back home and also got me a new car just for him to proof his love for me. i was so happy and called Dr.uwenbo and thanked him, he only told me to share the good news all over the world. ( He can also launch other similar spells)
    1.Bring your husband back
    2.Bring my wife back
    3.Bring your boyfriend/girlfriend back
    4.Unable to get pregnant, if you are lookin for the fruit of the womb
    5.Love Spells
    6.Lottery Spells
    7.winning court case
    8.Promotion spell
    9.Divorce spells
    10.Success
    11.Binding spells
    12.Money rituals
    13.Low sperm count
    14.Infertility in women
    15.Breast enlargement/reduction
    16.Penis enlargement/reduction
    17.Health, Well Being
    18.Protection, Healing
    19Curses, Hex, Breakups
    20.NEW! Combo Spells
    21High Priestess Spells
    22.Vampire Spells
    23.Authentic Voodoo Spells
    24.Custom, Other Spells .e.t.c
    You can reach him via email:dr.uwenbospellhome@gmail.com or whatsapp +2349052309005 Don't miss

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to use this opportunity to thank this great holy man called Priest Babaka for what he has done for me and my family. This great man has brought happiness and joy back again to me and my family. Priest Babaka has used his great power to help me bring back my husband within the period of 48 hours and also helped me in getting pregnant with his powerful prayers and after 7 days of applying his herbs.This is more than words can say, at first i didn't believe it but today it is so true and all thanks goes to him. i will advice every one out there that has a similar issue, and also any one who is willing to get his or her lover back and any one who wants to get pregnant quick to contact this wonderful man today and forever remain happy in life. email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete