Thursday, August 30, 2012

Comment Debate Thoughts

I've been reviewing some of the replies I got to the comments in yesterday's Huffington Post comments.  None have been all that amusing, just dumb so far.

But one thing that I've noticed is that if I make a statement like: "The sky is blue."  They'll disagree saying its black at night, and claim that I think that the sky is red; also republicans are mean.

If you want to talk to the left, then you had better be prepared to define every single word you use.  As they will misuse that same word, or claim it means something totally different, or you said something totally different.

Definition of "the": "(used, especially before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a  or an ): the book you gave me; Come into the house."

Definition of "sky":  "the region of the clouds or the upper air; the upper atmosphere of the earth: airplanes in the sky; cloudy skies."

etc.

"But you said that the sky is blue all of the time you stupid fascist!" says someone on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment