Thursday, August 16, 2012

"Why Do We Obey?"

Another good article from ericpetersautos, he doesn't just talk about cars.

A quote from the article:

"Similarly, it follows that if you own your life, then you also own the fruits of the labor of your body and mind, of that which is you. To say that random others – what collectivist psychopaths refer to as “society” – have a moral claim to the fruits of your labor is merely another way of saying you are owned, wholly or in part, to the extent you are forced by threat of violence to hand over the fruits of your body and of your mind. You are either free – or you are slightly more (or less) enslaved.

There is no in-between. It is impossible – a contradiction in terms."

3 comments:

  1. I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good quote. Thanks for reminding me of it.

      Delete
    2. After looking at your profile: Anyone who likes "Shane" and "Ball of Fire" is in good standing with me.

      Delete