Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Debating the Left

Here is a comment that I left at the Huffington Post.  Let's see if I get a response.
 
"One debate format that I've found interesting is to first have the debaters briefly describe their opponent's position on the issue in question, to their opponents satisfaction.

With this comment of yours I do not think that you can describe your political opponent's position.

Let me describe your side's position: It is unfair that some people have benefited more from living in this country than others.  We need to help the poor and unfortunate.  The people who have benefited the most are most able and therefore should be the ones to pay for "our" helping of the poor.

Have I described your side's argument well?

Can you do the same for my side's position?"

No comments:

Post a Comment