Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Libertarians

I have been struggling with what political group most resembles my thoughts.  I have considered Objectivism (Ayn Rand's), Conservatism, Liberal (in the traditional sense), Anarcho-Capitalist, and Libertarian.

If you asked me today I would probably Libertarian, just to have a quick easily understood answer.  And I will be voting for Gary Johnson in November.

Vox recently pointed out why he is not a Libertarian.

I thought that I should express my opinion on gay marrage for the first time in writing.

My position on the issue:

"Its not the job of the federal government to decide who can, or can not, get married.  I would advise each state to decide for itself weather, or not, to allow it, and weather, or not, to recognize it from outside that particular state.  See: 10th amendment to the U.S. Constitution."

My position for each state:

"I am not interested. I would like to pick my political battles and gay marriage is no where near the top of my priority list."

No comments:

Post a Comment